CRC 1182 Young Investigator Award
The aim of the Young Investigator Award is to support on one hand the junior researchers of the CRC 1182 by providing them the possibility to develop their independent research project, on the other hand it is for the whole CRC 1182 the possibility to gain new scientific input and more connections within the research projects.
Once a year the CRC 1182 supports 2 junior researchers with each 15,000 €*.
Who can apply?
- Junior researchers (PhD students and postdocs max. 5 years after having
obtained the doctoral degree) of the CRC 1182 and associated junior
researchers of the CRC 1182 (working with CRC 1182 PIs on CRC 1182 topics).
- Should extend already existing CRC 1182 activities.
- Must be interdisciplinary and bridging different CRC 1182 research areas.
- Funding can be used in a flexible manner (consumables, travel, equipment,
personal (student helpers))*.
Evaluation and Selection:
- Evaluation by members of the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB).
- Final decision by the Steering Committee members of the CRC 1182.
- The Young-Investigator-Award will be awarded at the CRC 1182 retreat.
* Funding can only be used for CRC 1182 related projects and won’t be transmitted directly to the awardee.
Please click here for more informations about the current application phase.