CRC 1182 Lynn Margulis Fund
The Lynn Margulis funds will support outstanding female postdocs and advanced female doctoral researchers of the CRC 1182 with up to 10,000 €*. The fund must be used for a research stay in the laboratory of a distinguished female scientist host at an institution other than the member institutions of the CRC 1182, ideally abroad.
Who can apply?
- Outstanding female postdocs (max. 5 years after having obtained the doctoral degree) or outstanding advanced female doctoral researchers (student has to be at least in the second year of the PhD), who are members of the CRC 1182 or associated junior researcher of the CRC 1182 (working with CRC 1182 PIs on CRC 1182 topics).
- Must extend already existing CRC 1182 activities.
- Funding can only be used for traveling and subsistence costs.
- Research stay for up to 4 weeks.
- Proposal template has to be used for the application.
Evaluation and Selection:
- Evaluation by members of the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB).
- Final decision by the Steering Committee members of the CRC 1182.
- The Lynn Margulis fund will be awarded in November 2019.
Please submit only a single PDF file with a maximum of 5 pages to email@example.com by September 30th, 2019.
* Funding can only be used for CRC 1182 related projects and won’t be transmitted directly to the awardee.
The Fund was not awarded this year due to the shortage of adequate proposals that met the evaluation criteria. However, in recognition of the efforts and the quality of the submitted proposals the following applicants received a travel award of 2.500 EURO:
Janina Lange (CAU, Zoological Institute)
Nancy Obeng (CAU, Zoological Institute)
Devani Romero Picazo (CAU, Institute for General Microbiology)
Dr. Cornelia Jaspers (GEOMAR)
Project Title: Influence of microbiota associations on host fitness: Can environmental tolerance and microbiota associations explain origin of invasive source populations?
Female Scientist Host: Dr. Mary Beth Decker, Research Scientist of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology & Lecturer at Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA