CRC 1182 Lynn Margulis Fund
The Lynn Margulis fund supports outstanding female postdocs and advanced female doctoral researchers of the CRC 1182 one per year with up to 10,000 €*. The fund must be used for a research stay abroad in the laboratory of a distinguished female scientist host.
Who can apply?
- Female postdocs (max. 5 years after having obtained the doctoral degree) or advanced female doctoral researchers (student has to be at least in the second year of the PhD), who are members of the CRC 1182 or associated junior researcher of the CRC 1182 (working with CRC 1182 PIs on CRC 1182 topics).
- Must extend already existing CRC 1182 activities.
- Funding can only be used for traveling and subsistence costs.
- Research stay abroad for up to 4 weeks.
- Proposal Template has to be used for the application.
Evaluation and Selection:
- Evaluation by members of the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB).
- Final decision by the Steering Committee members of the CRC 1182.
- The Lynn Margulis fund will be awarded at the CRC 1182 retreat in May 2018.
Please submit only a single PDF file with a maximum of 5 pages to email@example.com by April 15th, 2018
* Funding can only be used for CRC 1182 related projects and won’t be transmitted directly to the awardee.
Dr. Cornelia Jaspers (GEOMAR)
Project Title: Influence of microbiota associations on host fitness: Can environmental tolerance and microbiota associations explain origin of invasive source populations?
Female Scientist Host: Dr. Mary Beth Decker, Research Scientist of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology & Lecturer at Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA