CRC 1182 Creativity Awards for Junior Researchers
Call for Proposals
Deadline for Application: December 15th 2020
Creativity is seeing what everyone else has seen,Albert Szent-Györgyi (1893-1986)
and thinking what no one else has thought.
The CRC1182 Creativity Awards (2 x 5000 €) honor creativity of junior CRC1182 members whose work captivates key research issues of the CRC1182 and inspires the community by both demonstrating the fundamental role of beneficial microbes and pushing boundaries.
Criteria and Categories:
- Creativity is defined here as the ability to generate or recognize ideas, alternatives, or possibilities that may be useful in solving problems in metaorganism research or communicating with others. Junior investigators displaying exceptional creativity are entitled to submit entries of their choice such as a new research idea / a theory /a concept /a method / a communication tool (photography, graphic, video clips, web design, mobile application) etc.
- There are two categories one can apply for:
category “Novel Scientific Ideas” and category “Art and Science Communication”.
Who can apply?
- To be eligible to receive the award, you must be a young researcher (graduate student, postdoc up to 4 years post-graduation) of the CRC 1182 or an associated young researchers of the CRC 1182 (working with CRC 1182 PIs on CRC 1182 topics).
Evaluation and Selection:
- The entries will be evaluated by a jury nominated by the STC of the CRC 1182.
- The Award Winner entry will be showcased at the CRC website.
- The Creativity Awards will be awarded in spring 2021.
- The award of 5000 € can be used freely for measures supporting career development in accordance with the rules of the DFG.*
- Please submit your contribution to one of the two categories of the CRC 1182 Creativity Award 2020 to email@example.com by December 15th, 2020.
* Funding can only be used for CRC 1182 related projects and won’t be transmitted directly to the awardee.