CRC 1182 Lynn Margulis Fund 2020 – Call for Proposals
The Lynn Margulis funds will support outstanding female postdocs and advanced female doctoral researchers of the CRC 1182 with up to 10,000 €*. The fund must be used for a research stay in the laboratory of a distinguished female scientist host at an institution other than the member institutions of the CRC 1182, ideally abroad.
Considering the 2020 pandemic situation, we recommend to choose a distinguished female scholar located at an institution, which allows the presence of visiting scientists.
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2020
Who can apply?
- Outstanding female postdocs (max. 5 years after having obtained the doctoral degree) or outstanding advanced female doctoral researchers (student has to be at least in the second year of the doctoral thesis), who are members of the CRC 1182 or associated young researchers of the CRC 1182 (working with CRC 1182 PIs on CRC 1182 topics).
- Must extend already existing CRC 1182 activities.
- Funding can only be used for traveling and subsistence costs.
- Research stay for up to 4 weeks.
- Proposal template has to be used for the application.
Evaluation and Selection:
- Evaluation by selected Principal Investigators of the CRC 1182.
- Final decision by the Steering Committee members of the CRC 1182.
- The Lynn Margulis fund will be awarded in November 2020.
Please submit only a single PDF file with a maximum of 5 pages to email@example.com by September 30th, 2020.
* Funding can only be used for CRC 1182 related projects and won’t be transmitted directly to the awardee.